Bugs probably only little creature, but they can be harmful sometimes, for example like fleas. They may be small, but the fleabites can give you red bumps.
They usually found around the breast, waits, armpits, knees, or legs. Fleas live around us. This four-legged bug commonly lives on your cat or dogs, even on your hair. They can grow faster and start to live in other areas like the bed, yard, carpets, cloth, and others. Fleas love living in shaded areas, storage places, woodpiles, and tall grass.
Does flea bites harmful?
Whether flies bites dangerous or not, it depends on its type. In the United States, there are several variations of fleas: human flea, Chigoe flea, Cat flea, and oriental rat flea. The human flea becomes a species that can be found worldwide. They prefer to live in mammals like humans, chicken, dogs, etc.
Meanwhile, the Chigoe flea mostly lives in South and Central America, and Africa. This one lives permanently in host’s skin until it gets surgically removed. Moreover, the Cat flea commonly prefers to live in pets, and even they do not like to live on humans. The last is Oriental rat flea. They can be found worldwide and prefer to live on rats, rabbits, and mice. Even living on animals, this one also likes to bite human and spread some diseases.
What is the flea bites symptoms?
Talking about its symptoms, most people normally concern that the bites of fleas and mosquitoes are similar. The flea bites vs. mosquito bites have significant differences. The bite of flea normally will cause the little red bump and inflamed skin. Meanwhile, the mosquito bites will cause the larger red bump. Let’s see these symptom caused by bites of fleas.
– Painful and sore
– Allergic (difficulty breathing/wheezing), tongue/lips swelling, nausea, chest pain, dizziness
As you get these symptoms, you are better avoiding to starching it frequently. Otherwise, the bite marks will get worse and lead to infection. Besides, those symptoms, fleas also can cause several diseases. For example like human fleas, they serve as the mediator for parasitic tapeworms. Moreover, the Chigoe fleas can cause infection and amputation. The Cat flea can result from some diseases like typhus and plague. Lastly, the Oriental rat fleas bring some diseases and illness such as bubonic plague.
How to Kill Fleas on Humans
Fleas frequently indeed live on pets or animals. However, flea bites can appear on the human body as well. So, this is how to get rid of fleas on humans!
- Add few drops tree tea oil to your bath products. You can use it as spraying liquid for your bed, carpets, cloth, or upholstery.
- Put antimicrobial stuff like garlic spray, diatomaceous powder, or tree tea oil to the areas where fleas prefer to live.
- Cleaning and vacuuming the floor, carpets, and rugs regularly. Do not forget to sprinkle borax or diatomaceous powder on it before vacuuming.
- Make your repellant spray using essentials oils like peppermint, tea tree, lemongrass, rosewood, citrus, and others.
Home Remedies Treatments To Get Rid Bites Of Fleas
There are a lot of flea bites on humans treatment that you can do at home. Once you get the bite of the fleas, do these procedures so that the bite won’t get worse on your skin.
- Use ice packs, cool compress, aloe vera, vinegar, or tea bags to relieve itching, redness, and inflammation.
- Buy other medicines like anti-itch cream, ointments, or lotions to soothe itching
- Wash the bite area as you get bitten, to prevent infection
- Apply some medication like Caladryl, Cortizone, Diphenhydramine, or Cortizone to itching area
- Rubbing alcohol to make the bite area dry
Mix white vinegar with water to give you some relief.