How to Get Rid of Cockroach? When cockroach habit in your home, it can be quite difficult to get rid of it. Cockroaches can attack your food, book, electronic, as well as wallpaper. They can also spread disease named pathogens, and they will cover through appliances, food, and many surfaces in your home. But you can always get rid of them by applying our tips below.
How to Get Rid of Cockroach
- Getting rid of cockroaches is easy. First of all, you need to cut off all water sources. If they want to live, they must have a water source. Similar to human, a cockroach can live for several weeks without any food, but it can’t live for more than one week if there is no water. So, you need to check if there is a water leak in your home and you need to fix it immediately. When the water source has been removed, cockroaches will eat the baits that you set out.
- You must hide your food. You need to store your food in refrigerator or tight container. Don’t leave food in the open area. Moreover, you need to wash the dishes immediately. And don’t you dare to leave any food and beverage on the countertop.
- Always clean your home regularly. The key to getting rid of cockroach is to have a clean home. The first area that needs to be cleaned is your kitchen. Always wash the dishes immediately and don’t forget to put food away whenever you finished meals. Any spill and crumb should be cleaned right way. You need to keep your kitchen clean. You need to pay more attention to the range tops since this annoying creature love grease.
- Mop the floor every three days. This method can clean sticky and crumbs spots. But don’t spill the water into the water since cockroaches need water.
- Trashcan should be emptied regularly. You need one trash can for leftover food in your home. Thus, you need to use the tight-fitting lid to your trash can. Open trash can just make the cockroaches have more food supply.
You can also use cockroaches’ baits to make them stay away from your house. This is best way on How to Get Rid of Cockroach. There are many types of baits which are:
- Store-bought bait can be useful. This bait contains a slow-working poison, and it stored in a case which you need to keep it away from your children and pet. You can apply it as a gel. The bait looks like food to attract cockroaches. If the roach eat the bait and it brings the poison back to the nest, it can kill other roaches eventually. You need to place the bait in an area where they mostly encounter. They can be under the sink, along with the baseboard, or on some corners. You need to place the bait as close as possible to their nest. They need to take the bait back to the nest. If you use this store-bought bait, it can take several weeks for it to works.
- If store-bought bait doesn’t work, you can apply homemade roach bait. You just need powdered boric acid, white sugar, and also white flour. The sweetness of the sugar will attract them to the bait, while the boric acid will kill them. Pour it under the stove, all around the refrigerator, as well as in the backs of cabinets and drawers.
- The last tip to kill a cockroach is by using insecticides. You can buy insecticide spray at the store. Use the one that labeled as cockroaches spray. It’s better to use the insecticide that contains active ingredient. Spray it whenever cockroaches around or you can spray at their nest.We hope you can win this battle. Good luck!